Sunday, July 31, 2011

Welcome to what will hopefully be clear, direct, insightful and definitely debatable commentary :-)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to look at this.  Largely drawn from my Profile description, a bit about me and why this blog is here.  The first thing I should point out is that this blog is a mirror from freerangereason.wordpress.com
I’m a career military member, and for many years a registered Independent.  I’m not a particularly type-A personality, and believe that people can disagree on a topic while still being respectful of each other’s opinion – everything doesn’t have to be a “you’re either with me or against me” philosophy.  I DON’T believe that everything is black or white, I DO believe that most rules have exceptions, and that most situations have to be judged on their own merit rather than following a blanket “party line.”  I DO believe that while elected officials do represent their districts and constituents, they also have an obligation to act for the greater good of the nation as a whole, and that leadership should be by example, not a “do as I say, not as I do” philosophy.  I also believe that the national debt is our biggest issue as a nation right now; without solving that, it’s unlikely we can successfully accomplish much else, because everything we do – military operations, humanitarian assistance, social security, and space exploration – is all tied to the debt.
I started this blog because I’ve reached a point where I feel many aspects of local, regional, national and global life are just plain disgusting me and I needed someplace to vent, and I’ve had enough positive feedback about the letters, notes and commentary on various subjects that I’ve posted to friends through email and/or social media that I thought this might be worth it – at least to me.
Many of the earliest posts to this blog will be, for all intents and purposes, out of date.  This is because I’ll be posting some of the earlier notes and commentaries I’ve made on past events, both to archive them for myself, and, if interested, to give you sense of what I think and how I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment